TOTh 2011 - Call for papers
Download the call for papers (PDF)
- January 10th, 2011: Submission dead-line : EXTENDED: January 28th
- April 1 2011 March 14th, 2011: Notification of acceptation
- May 2th 2011 April 14th, 2011: Definitive versions
- May 26th & 27th, 2011: Conference TOTh
Conference topics (non exhaustive list)
The linguistic dimension to terminology and knowledge:
- language for special purposes, translation, corpus language planning, specialized multilingual communication.
- usage, variation, term collocations, lexical combinations.
- terminological products: glossaries, dictionaries, thesauri.
- corpus processing : extracting terms, extracting knowledge, creating and aligning corpora
- creating and maintaining terminological resources, harmonizing terms and concepts, theories of meaning, importance and limitations of corpora.
- validating the quality of data, the role of experts.
- terminological principles for building concept systems: knowledge representation, knowledge management, the importance of ontologies (building, maintaining, aligning, merging),
- input from artificial intelligence, linguistics, epistemology, formal systems (description logic for example),
- software environments; building and maintaining terminologies, thesauri, dictionaries, ontologies,
- IT applications based on knowledge and terminology resources: information systems, specialized digital libraries, document management, information retrieval, classification, knowledge management, web semantics, collaborative engineering, etc.
- assessing acquisition and manipulation tools, changing standards in the field of language and ontology resources.